"Cuz I'm fat." That's what you told me.
"Why can't fat be beautiful?" I said.
"Because it's not." you replied.
Read that ladies and gentlemen. Read it, and weep. Weep for yourselves, your family, for those who believe this each day and starve themselves. Weep for the ones who take their lives trying to conform to this belief.
Read it, and let it sink in.
I read this myself, and my mind goes in many different directions. I want to scream and tell everyone that BIG IS BEAUTIFUL! Then I remember the size 4 jeans hanging in my closet waiting to be worn when I lose enough weight to fit in them.
This, here, is my America. Adults say they would never want to be a teenager in today's day and age. Adults say teenagers are spoiled and too mature for their age. Adults talk and talk and talk. Adults rarely listen.
Each day, girls look in the mirror and sprout a feeling of contempt for their bodies. Each day, girls don't even look in the mirror.
Yet, in the mirror is the peanut gallery, scorning and ridiculing all who are above a size 2. In the mirror are the faceless murderers of society who point their fingers and blame depression and the kids who killed themselves.
Nice to think that society has us believing fat isn't beautiful, and that when they pressure us too much to conform, it's yet again our faults.
Society, you put shame to the human race. I hope you're happy that you're producing a genocide of teenagers who are just a little bit different, yet perfect all the same.
Yet, everyone forgets the most beautiful woman on the world, Marilyn Monroe, was a size 14.
Beautifully said. For such a young person, you are quite mature. You remind me so much of myself not too long ago. I'm turning 18 in March. I look back and see that I missed out on so much things I should have done. Too late to turn back the clock.
ReplyDeleteSo, don't forget to cherish your teenage years or else you'll regret not taking risks and living like a "teenager". Live what it feels like to be young and carefree.