Lately, I've been on a letter kick. This meaning, I've been thinking of how others affect my life and what I would say to them, almost as if it were the last thing I would want them to know. So today, I'll be writing to an old, yet new friend.
Dear Jack,
You are that guy. That guy I'm in love with, but I don't want to date. The guy I would do anything for, because you make me smile no matter what. You're the guy I can text at 3AM and expect an answer within the next 10 minutes. You're the one who talks to me for hours on end about nothing.
You're also the guy who changed this summer and has not been the same since. You're the one who talked to me on my birthday but didn't wish me a happy one. You're the one who said if you moved, you would never speak to your friends again, and you wouldn't care. You're the one who broke my heart.
You have helped me through many troubling times in my life, and I could never take that away. You've always been reliable and that one constant in my life. I don't think you realize how much you mean to others.. I guess I'm just hoping that if you did know, would you still remain a recluse? Would you still fail to answer my calls, be a confidant? Would you still hurt me the way you do?
You're an amazing guy, nothing could compare. But, why can't you see that she isn't the one for you? This is destroying you, and you don't even realize. Why can't you see your worth? She cannot make you any better of a person than you already are. Why can't you open your eyes and realize that you can do so much better? I love you too much to see you hurt like this.
You've been my best friend for years. But lately, I feel as if we are drifting farther and farther apart. I loathe this feeling. I may joke with you, and act like nothing's wrong. I may seem like this independent woman who knows no fears. But inside, I'm still the scared little girl who calls you crying when she and her best friend got into a fight. I'm still the little girl who wants to hear your comforting words.
I miss you so much. I wish things could be the same.
Love you always and forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment