Friday, February 11, 2011

How could you?

"Did you get Jack's text?"
"No."
"Oh."

Two weeks ago, Jack, you and I had a heart to heart. I told you how much I missed talking to you and that you were my best friend. I thought you would actually care when I said that. Apparently not.
So, you can complain to me and talk  to me whenever you want, and I get repaid with being left out of plans. I used to be a part of those once too. I used to be the one sitting with you alone until everyone else came.
What happened?
You were the one who always kept me up when all those boys kept missing to catch me. This time, you're the one throwing me down.
Why?
It's not even a big deal, but I know that this is the first of many. I know you've made plans without me before, but to invite my best friend and not me? How low. You're leaving in September; I thought we would cherish these last few months together. I guess not.
You hurt me more than anyone, and you don't even know, let alone care. Actually, you do know. That makes it even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment